The earth and myself are of one mind. The measure of the land and the measure of our bodies are the same.
- Hinmaton Yalatkit
(Joseph) Nez Perce
It was our belief that the love of possessions is a weakness to be overcome. . . Children must early learn the beauty of generosity. They are taught to give what they prize most, that they may taste the happiness of giving. . . The Indians in their simplicity literally give away all that they have to relatives, to guests of other tribes or clans, but above all to the poor and the aged, from whom they can hope for no return.
- Charles Alexander Eastman (Ohiyesa)
Mid American Indian Fellowships
- A Network of American Indian Spiritual Groups
- Assisting those seeking freedom to reclaim God-given indigenous heritage & identity
- Bringing American Indian people back into community as peoples
- Restoring indigenous culture through reclamation of indigenous oral tradition, ceremonies, agriculture & language
- New! "Colonized vs Indigenous Thinking" series, under "Writings"
Arkansas Indian Fellowship, Presently Inactive
Do'hi Soquili Indian Fellowship, Lawson, Missouri
Equoni Uwohali Indian Fellowship, Presently Inactive
Indian Fellowship of Joplin . ., Joplin, Missouri
Kanalusguh Indian Fellowship, Holt's Summit & Hermann, Missouri
Marais des Cygnes Indian Fellowship, LaCygne, Kansas
Walela Indian Fellowship, St. Joseph, Missouri
White Spiral Indian Fellowship, Presently Inactivei
Indian Fellowships Located in Missouri, Kansas and Arkansas